- One of the most famous and functional archive. The program supports almost all existing archive formats: RAR, ZIP, CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE 2.0, BZIP, JAR, UUE, GZIP, BZIP2 and 7-Zip, while it has many very useful features - encryption, support for continuous (solid) archives, in which the compression ratio can be10 - 50% more than the usual methods of special compression algorithm compresses multimedia files, support of multivolume archives, and many others.WinRAR
- It is at this time one of the very convenient archivers. In addition, the program is able to work with archives ZIP, CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE 2.0, BZIP, JAR, UUE, GZIP, BZIP2 and 7-Zip, while it has many very useful features - encryption, support for continuous (solid) archives, in which the compression ratio can be10 - 50% more than the usual methods of special compression algorithm compresses multimedia files, support of multivolume archives, and many others as well.Program features:
* Full support for RAR and ZIP archives
* Use of the original high-performance data compression algorithm
* Availability of a graphical environment that supports drag and drop (drag & drop)
* The ability to use the command line interface
* Managing the archives of other formats (CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, TAR.GZ, BZ2, TAR.BZ2, ACE, UUE, JAR, ISO, 7Z, Z)
* Support the method of continuous backup for better compression
* Support of multivolume archives
* Create self-extracting (SFX) conventional and multivolume archives with a standard or optional SFX modules
* Ability to recover physically damaged archives
* Ability to create and use of recovery volumes, allowing to reconstruct missing parts of multivolume archives.
* Support for Unicode encoding in filenames
* Additional functions (data encryption and file names in the archive, add comments archival, management protocol error)
* Use a third-party registration interface in the form of individual topicsChanges in WinRAR 5.20
1. If Windows User Account Control prevents extracting or archiving
commands to create files in system protected folders, WinRAR attempts
to start its another copy with administrator privileges to complete
the operation. It is necessary to confirm privileges elevation
in response to User Account Control prompt to allow such second
WinRAR copy to run.
2. You can drag files in Explorer with right mouse button, drop them
to some folder and select WinRAR archiving commands in context menu
to create an archive with these files in the destination folder.
3. It is possible to use WinRAR.ini file instead of Registry to store
WinRAR settings. You may prefer such approach if you plan to install
WinRAR to removable media, such as USB flash drive, and then run it
on different computers.
See "WinRAR.ini file" topic in "Configuration settings" chapter
of WinRAR help for details.
4. Added extraction support for ZIP and ZIPX archives using
XZ compression algorithm.
5. If ZIP or ZIPX archive contains any compression algorithms except
usual "Store" or "Deflate", algorithm names are displayed
in "Version to extract" field of archive information dialog.
Algorithms with names unknown to WinRAR will be assigned "m"
name, where "num" is a compression algorithm numeric identifier.
6. "Open with WinRAR" command is available in Windows context menus
for archive formats supported by WinRAR. It can be turned off
with "Open with WinRAR (for usual archives)" option in WinRAR
"Settings/Integration/Context menu items..." dialog.
7. Command line RAR can read the default set of switches from rar.ini
file stored in RAR program folder. Previously it was possible to
define only the same set of switches for all RAR command with
"switches=" string. Now rar.ini also allows to specify
separate switch sets for individual RAR commands using
the following syntax:
switches_=Download from LetitBit.netDownload from Ul.toDownload from TurboBit.net